Friday, August 8, 2008

Deceptively Delicious!

I have recently purchased the book Deceptively Delicious and, so far, am a believer!
The concept is to make vegetable purees and hide them in different foods in order to nutritiously feed your children without hearing the whine!!
I spent Sunday night pureeing, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, butternut squash, carrot, sweet potato and beets! The thought of my kids eating any of those things is pretty much a laughing matter so I was willing to give it all a try!
This week I made brownies with spinach and carrots, muffins with carrot and squash, quesadillas with cauliflower, and meatballs with broccoli and squash...and MY KIDS ATE THEM!!! The brownies and muffins, of course, were the favorite of the week but they ate all of it. For those of you who are saying, "yeah, but brownies? thats hardly healthy" It is a specific recipe that not only contains the vegetables but is light in fat and sugar as well! So, its an all around great option for the kiddos! I recommend the book to any of you out there having a hard time getting your kids to eat nutritiously!

2 comments:

McClure Family said...

I totally agree with you! I use this cookbook and it is wonderful! We love the chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas...

Kristen said...

I am sooo glad to hear that it really works!! I have had the book since Christmas (yes, Christmas...) and haven't had the guts to use it yet. Does it work on husbands too? :) Did it take forever to puree the veggies??