
I must look insane when I go to the grocery store with my kids!! With each addition to our family, I've had to change how we get through the grocery store with everyone contained but still having room in the cart to actually put the groceries. When there were 3 it was still pretty easy. The girls went in the "car" in front of the cart and Tucker sat in the baby seat. Then we added Mallie...ok, so Mallie went in the Baby Bjorn (yes, #4 is when I started strapping them to myself in order to get things done!!) Remember, the problem with my 5 kids is that they are so young and close together. Its not like a normal family where one usually walks before becoming a big brother or sister!! Ok, so back to the grocery store....One was strapped to me, one in the baby seat and 2 in the "car"....still room for groceries in the shopping cart. Dang it, Mallie doesn't fit in the Baby Bjorn anymore...ok, Mallie in the baby seat, Tucker in the cart (eating all of the grapes and whatever else he can help himself to) Hayley and Abby still in the car. Half way through the store I realize my bread is smashed, the grapes are gone and there is no more room in the cart for groceries. This is when it started getting tricky and Hayley got kicked off the cart! Ok, reconfigure...Hayley walking (with a quarter in her pocket to get a prize if she can not whine and stay with mommy until we get to the check-out), Abby and Tucker in the car, Mallie in the baby seat, plenty of room for groceries but a total spectacle to everyone who sees me!! They all think they are so cleverly and originally telling me I have my hands full! But hey, the system worked and it worked well!
December '07...Baby Hudson arrives, Hayley is home from school and we are all out running errands. I need to stop at the grocery store for a second. I get out of the car and realize I have no idea how I am going to do it! Ok, Hudson and carrier in the baby seat, Mallie and Tucker in the car, Hayley and Abby walking. This works but, oh my gosh, its just not even worth it!
Now, I just try to go by myself when someone can watch the kids!! Its so much nicer this way!
Today, however, we needed a few things on our way home from the fountains so we stopped at our fabulous new Kroger!! I had the 4 little kids with me and they were all beat from the fountains so I wasn't sure how it would go! Abby was so excited when she saw the shopping carts that are just her size! So this was my system, Hudson and carrier in the baby seat, Tucker and Mallie in the car, Abby pushing her own cart along with me! I'm sure to onlookers, I still looked insane but I just thought Abb was so cute pushing her cart along with her groceries inside and beaming with pride!! She got what we needed, put it on the check out counter and even loaded them in the car all by herself!!!
1 comment:
That is hilarious Ashley. I have been thinking how am I going to get two little ones through the grocery store come AUgust (since my oldest won't be really walking either!), but that is only two!!! I can't imagine 5. You are such a good mommmy. Still buying your fresh flowers I see :) !
Post a Comment