Friday, January 16, 2009

Why do I leave the house??


So this is my sweet girl, Mallie. Let me tell you about our outing yesterday....
Me, Tucker, Mallie and Hudson went to go run errands. One of our stops was Marshalls (of course). This is what happened...
We were having a perfectly pleasant outing. The kids were walking nicely and not touching anything in response to my telling them "if you break it, mommy will have to buy it" on our way out of the restroom. I stopped for just a second to look at something when I all of a sudden heard a CRASH...SHATTER..BANG...CRY!!
To my horror, I turned to Mallie screaming, lying in shattered glass and smushed by the shopping cart with Hudson falling out of it!!! As I scramble to get Hudson out of the cart and the cart of off Mallie, old ladies from all over the store were running to my assistance, some with sincere concern and others with blatant judgement!! One swoops Hudson out of my arm while another is brushing broken glass off of my frightened Mallie all while the store manager is listening to Tucker tell him, "I don't know what happened but I did not do it" "One time my mom was walking with Mallie and they fell down the stairs and bumped her head" "I don't know how it happened but I did not do it, I 'fink' it was Mallie...or maybe Hudson" "Do you fink my mom should by this shelf since Mallie broke it?" "Hmmm...I don't know how this happened"
Fortunately, both kids were OK! What happened was...Mallie, although obediantly not touching anything, decided to climb up on the shopping cart to talk to Hudson. In the process, she pulled the shopping cart over and INTO the glass shelves which shattered into a million pieces!!
I would say that I am never going back there out of embarrassment but, hey, lets be realistic!!!

3 comments:

L said...

Thanks for being real!! Hope you guys aren't too traumatized. You can be thankful for high turnover at Marshall's and plan a visit in a month. :)

Christa said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley... I know I shouldn't laugh... At least it wasn't a trip to the ER! And Tucker - bless him - you were worried about him not talking not too long ago.
Hey - Thanks for helping Darin out with the truck & stuff - we really appreciate it.

The Skains Family said...

That is so scary! I love Tucker's explaination though. I'm glad everyone is okay and you survived!