Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our new puppy...have I lost my mind!!!???


Ok, so...yea! we got a new puppy!!
What was I thinking? I don't know...I only have 5 kids, one of which is still in a bassinet in my room and 2 (well, for those who have seen Flash, 1 1/2) other dogs.
This is how it happened...Tim has been wanting to get a puppy, a Rhodesian Ridgeback specifically. Well, what do you know, my brother's friend just so happens to have this particular puppy and is unable to keep her. I think it was a God thing. So, yesterday, the leash was handed over and the puppy became part of the family!
Now, let me tell you how it went...
Puppy arrives...all are excited...puppy gets out of the car...all are crying!!! By the time her original owner left, 2 of the kids were crying and up on top of anything higher than the puppy could jump, 3 were bleeding from various wounds inflicted by either being jumped on or knocked over by the 'less than tiny' and very strong 3 month old puppy! It was a pleasant and wonderful thing to add this puppy to our lives!
Day 2 with the puppy....she pees on the floor while running after the kids who are screaming and jumping onto whatever safe haven they can find that is out of reach of their beloved puppy! I take her outside and bring her back in on a leash. She comes and hangs out with me while I am getting ready for the day. Tucker peeks around the corner in fear, "Mom, why you got that dog in there?" Lacy (the puppy) jumps up eagerly to greet him. Door slams shut and Tucker is running for safety. (By the way, this might be just the solution for me to get ready in peace, just keep my guard dog with me!!) We leave for the day and, when we get home, Tucker is begging to go see his puppy. Next thing I know I hear screaming from the backyard, Tucker is entangled in a bush, screaming and trapped with the dog pouncing on him over and over and over and over....until I drag her away and let Tucker run inside. The kids then decide it is more fun to play with Lacy through the glass on the back door. She is so much cuter this way! 1 hour later...the kids and I are on the front porch and Tim gets home. He lets Lacy out of the gate. I don't even know how to explain those 30 seconds but it ended in 2 screaming children standing on top of the rocking chairs, trampled plants and my necklace being ripped off of my neck with beads flying everywhere!!!
She goes to obedience school on Monday!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara
karamy3sons.blogspot.com

The Skains Family said...

That is the funniest story ever. I can just imagine you telling it. I miss your funny stories! And, yes you have lost your mind. A puppy!!!

McClure Family said...

Ok, that has to be one of the funniest stories I've ever read! Thank you for sharing it!!!